Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Ready or not here i come


The qualities of someone internship ready is someone that has both basic knowledge & a desire to learn. This is the talent aspect anywise. They must be socially ready, a feedback master, and take initiative. The problem I have is I am not ready to beg or increasingly annoy my manager by asking for more work. I’m the type of person that knocks out assignments that are given to me. I do not care what it is, the project shall be done. The downfall is after I complete the assignment, I am going to quickly check to see if there is work to be done but if there isn’t, I am going to look up something which I want to read up on, or take a breather.
I also need to be able to figure out who is the best mentor in which they can assist me in 1 on 1 help. I'm a fast learner when I am taught 1 on 1, but how often does this actually happen in a corporate fast paste setting. If it did, that would be over-the-top.
Considering most people around me are going to be older adults, I am excited to enter internships. I prefer mature people around me in a professional setting. This may be because I enjoy teaching others things I have learned. With all that experience around me, I can learn and then teach so much more. I value this legacy quote. “The more you know, the more you owe.”

No comments:

Post a Comment